Intern With City Dogs Rescue!
City Dogs Rescue & City Kitties rescues adoptable dogs and cats from overcrowded and high-kill shelters where resources are severely limited. We offer a lifeline to as many of these wonderful pets as possible. Sadly, many of the animals that we take in are just days, sometimes hours, away from being euthanized for no reason other than lack of space. By finding these dogs and cats permanent and loving homes in the DC metropolitan area, we enrich lives — human, canine and feline.
We are currently looking for a Communications Intern to help support our mission.
Duties would include:
- Uploading graphics, photos and videos to our social media networks and website.
- Writing social media posts, blogs and other web content.
- Drafting profiles for adoptable dogs and cats.
- Creating one-pagers to distribute at special events and training sessions.
- Creating HTML emails in Constant Contact.
- Supporting the Executive Director and Office Administrator on
communications/public relations projects as needed.
- Creating graphics for web use.
Candidates should have:
- A love of pets and a passion for animal rescue!
- An undergraduate degree in progress or completed in communications, public relations or a related field.
- The ability to work proactively, reliably, independently and efficiently.
- 20 hours/week. The office is open M-Th, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Sat 12:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Candidate should be able to be in the office during office hours at least three days per week (Monday and two other days of their choosing). Telework the remaining five hours is fine.
- Full time internship can be discussed if candidate is interested in assisting other parts of the rescue efforts in addition to Communications (e.g., project management, event planning/staffing, rescue logistics, fundraising, data entry, etc.)
- Combination of in-office and telework (must have own computer)
- Unpaid, but can be done for college credit or job experience. You will also develop your work portfolio.
- The office is located in Dupont Circle and is an administrative office only, though it is pet friendly.
City Dogs Rescue & City Kitties is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is not a “shelter.” We are made up of a network of mostly volunteers and the majority of our dogs and cats are living in foster homes throughout the metro DC area.
To apply please send an email with "CDR Internship Application" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and two or three writing samples.