1. The shelter is extending its hours! They're now open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., giving the local community a better chance to come pick out a furry little companion!
2. A new low-cost spay and neuter program! Cleveland County is partnering with the Humane Society of Charlotte to offer low-cost spay and neuter services for both dogs and cats along with rabies shots and microchip installation!
3. Vaccination train keeps a-rollin'! The Cleveland County Rescue/Adoption Coordinator is vaccinating all incoming puppies and kittens with a 5-n-1 and a dewormer.
4. No more drop-off pens! Would you drop your child off in a parking lot or a dirt road? Of course not, so why would you do it for an animal? Pet owners who need to surrender their pets are required to visit the shelter to do so or they risk being charged with abandonment.
5. And the big one: the gas chamber is gone! Cleveland County's gas chamber is no longer used a means of euthanasia, only injections.
We're so grateful to the changes Cleveland County has made and we look forward to working with them in the future.