Intern With City Dogs & City Kitties Rescue!
City Dogs & City Kitties Rescue rescues adoptable dogs and cats from overcrowded and high-kill shelters where resources are severely limited. We offer a lifeline to as many of these wonderful pets as possible. Sadly, many of the animals that we take in are just days, sometimes hours, away from being euthanized for no reason other than lack of space. By finding these dogs and cats permanent and loving homes in the DC metropolitan area, we enrich lives — human, canine and feline.
We are currently looking for a Marketing/Communications Intern to help support our mission.
Duties would include:
- Writing social media posts.
- Writing blogs.
- Writing for our newsletter.
- Drafting profiles for adoptable dogs and cats.
- Supporting the Executive Director and Office Administrator on
communications/public relations projects as needed.
- Uploading graphics, photos and videos to our social media networks and website.
- Creating graphics for web and social media use if your skill set supports this.
Candidates should have:
- A love of pets and a passion for animal rescue!
- An undergraduate degree in progress or completed in public relations, communications or a related field OR experience and interest in creative writing, social media and graphic design.
- The ability to work proactively, reliably, independently and efficiently.
- 10-15 hours/week. The office is currently closed due to COVID-19. Candidate should be able to work remotely at least two - three days per week. (Ideally Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.)
- Full time internship can be discussed if candidate is interested in assisting in other parts of the rescue efforts (e.g., project management, event planning/staffing, rescue logistics, fundraising, data entry, etc.).
- Must have own computer
- Unpaid, but can be done for college credit or job experience. You will also develop your work portfolio.
City Dogs & City Kitties Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is not a “shelter”. We are made up of a network of mostly volunteers and our dogs and cats are live in foster homes throughout the metro DC area.
To apply please send your a cover letter, resume and two or three writing samples to email@example.com. Include "INTERNSHIP" in the subject line.